On a multi-user network, QuickBooks company files (QBW) are stored on a server computer. All other computers connected to the network (that don't host the QBW files) are called workstations. When a workstation fails to access a company file placed on another computer, it results in QuickBooks error code H202.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
QuickBooks error code H202 occurs when QuickBooks Desktop is trying to establish a connection to the company file, but can't communicate with the server due to one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- The server computer firewall is blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Conflict with DNS server.
- QuickBooks is unable to get the IP address of the host system or server hosting the company file.
- Some internal QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor aren't running on the server computer.
- The network data file (.ND) is corrupt or damaged.
QuickBooks Error H202 can be a tough one to resolve. However, with the right solutions by your side, you can overcome it and all other such problems to keep working on your QuickBooks financial transactions, uninterrupted. This post covers all the solutions that can help you get rid of QuickBooks error H202.